EMV Chip Technology
EMV chip technology is becoming the global standard for credit card and debit card payments. This chip technology features payment instruments (cards, mobile phones, etc.) with embedded microprocessor chips that store and protect cardholder data. EMV technology may also be referred to as "Chip & PIN" or "Chip & Signature." The new terminals are the next generation of all-in-one terminals to easily and securely process payments.
This all-in-device features everything you need to easily and securely process payments.
- Supports payment types including: credit, PIN debit, electronic gift card and electronic benefits transfer (EBT)
- Contactless capabilities provide customers a convenient way to pay with chip cards, key fobs or mobile wallets
- Supports no signature option for qualifying transactions
Next-Generation Advanced Security
- Supports state-of-the-art security for PIN-based debit transactions
- Secure software authentication prevents unauthorized software applications from being downloaded
- Ready for the future of EMV chip card technology
Simple to Use
- Hand-held design allows for easy customer input
- Easy-to-follow key functions simplifies clerk training
- Automated download feature keeps your payment application up to date with the latest enhancements
- Features IP connectivity for quick transaction processing with Dial as an alternative
Click here to view frequently asked questions about EMV Chip Technology.